名詞懸崖,峭壁
名詞
1. It takes courage and strength to scale these cliffs.
攀登這些懸崖需要勇氣和力量。
2. The mountaineer broke a leg while climbing a cliff and was hospitalized for a month.
登山運動員在攀登懸崖峭壁時摔斷了一條腿,住院治療了一個月。
Mountaineering-(登山)
A:What’s the Mountaineering Club doing this weekend?
這個周末登山俱樂部有何活動?
u0039u0031u0031u67E5u8BE2u00B7u82F1u8BEDu5355u8BCD
B:We are going to climb a cliff on the Colorado River.
我們將攀巖科羅拉多河旁邊的一座懸崖。
A:How hard is the climb?
難度大嗎?
cliff在線翻譯
B:It is a very difficult climb because there are not many places to put your hands and feet.
很大,因為懸崖上沒有很多地方可以放手和腳。
A:What did you do last week?
你們上個星期做什么了?
B:We rappelled down the side of 300-foot cliff. It was very exciting.
我們從300英尺的懸崖攀爬而下。真是刺激。
A:Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun. I’m sorry I missed it.
哇,聽起來很有趣。真是遺憾我錯過了。
B:Well, you should come this weekend. I think you could do the climb.
噢,這個星期你可以來呀。我想你可以攀巖的。
A:Yeah, I will. See you then!
是的,我會的。到時候見 。
B:O.K. See you.
好的,再見。
保險
A:How may I help you?
需要幫忙么?
B:Well, I’m going to travel next month and would like to buy some travel insurance. Can I do that here?
是的,我想下個月旅行,打算買一些旅行保險,我能在這辦理么?
A:Yes, you can. Where are you going?
可以的,你想去哪里?
B:I’m going to Thailand.
泰國。
A:Will you participating in any extreme sports like bungee jumping or cliff diving?
你將參加一些極限運動如蹦極或懸崖跳水么?
B:I hope to. Why?
我希望參加,怎么了?
A:Not all of your policies cover accidents caused by these types of activities.
不是所有的保單都包括此類運動造成的意外事故。
B:Oh, well, I would like something to cover that.
哦, 那我想要一份涵蓋此類事故的保單。
A:We have different packages depending on the amount of coverage you’d like. Have you looked over our brochure?
我們有不同種類的保險,這取決于你投保的項目。你看過我們的資料冊了嗎?
B:Not yet.
還沒。
A:Why don’t you take a look? Make sure you read about all the conditions carefully.
為什么不看看,你必須仔細閱讀所有條款。
B:Ok.
好的。
A:You’ll also need to decide how long you’d like the travel insurance for. We have daily, monthly, and yearly policies.
你還需要決定你的旅游保險保多久。我們有按日,按月,按年的保險。
B:I’ll just need it for one month.
我只需要一個月。
A:When you’ve finished reading the brochures, you can fill out this form. If you have any questions at that time, come back and I’ll answer them for you.
你看完冊子以后,就可以填寫這張表,如果那時你有什么問題,你可以過來問我。
B:Thanks for your help.
謝謝你的幫助。
1. 懸崖:掉到樓下還不算,居然被風吹到懸崖(CLIFF)下去了!只好拿走墻上的船槳. 那只狗又在對你狂叫,好啊!既然它這么愛吵,干脆連它也一塊兒帶走! 再去碼頭找釣魚人,把摸來的魚給他,結果他不得不認輸,把魚竿給了你. 回到懸崖找地圖碎片,
1. (尤指靠海的)懸崖,峭壁
A cliff is a high area of land with a very steep side, especially one next to the sea.
e.g. The car rolled over the edge of a cliff.
汽車從懸崖邊上滾下去了。